[TRNSYS-users] Building with floor radiative panels

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Wed May 27 10:09:52 PDT 2009

Dear Davide,

I recently answered a similar question from another user, so I will pass
on the information to you.

As of right now, no, we do not have tutorials for radiant heating floor
system, but there are a couple of ways to model radiant floors. The first
way is to set up your radiant floor ' - aka "Active Layer" in TRNBuild
Type56 - is to make the active layer from the Wall Type Manager. Make a
new Wall in the Wall Type Manager, and in the "Layers" seciton towards the
right of the window click on "new". This will open up a new "Layer Type".
You may then define the layers of the floor (concrete, foam, etc.). Please
note that the active layer wil be the layer with the fluid. You may then
make inputs for the mass flow rate and temperature for this system. NTYPE
58, "TOFL", is the output that you need to setup in TRNBuild to pass the
outlet fluid temperature.

The other way to do this is if you happen to have the TESS Ground Coupling
Library. There are a few components in the library that can model radiant
floors that can interact with Type56. There are examples provided with the
library in the ".\Tess Models\Studio Projects\Ground Coupling Library"
directory.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy