[TRNSYS-users] Type 34 - WingWall

Pavel Adam yadamp00 at post.cz
Mon May 25 01:55:56 PDT 2009

Dear TRNSYS users,

I simulate influance of a window overhang - type 34. I have followed manual: http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/downloads/tutorials_and_examples/connecting34_67.pdf

1. In Simulation Studio I have defined South_shade orientation and connected through Type 34 (f. e. receiver width: 2m and hight: 2m) with building - Type 56.
2. In Trnbuild I have defined Wall 10 m2 and connected with orientation South_shade.
3. In this Wall I have defined Window 4 m2.

I don´t understand:
a) Trnsys will assign South_shade just for the window and the remaining Wall will be taken like an orientation South?
b) What will happen if I don´t add window to this wall? Trnsys will be calculate 4 m2 of this Wall like with shadow and remaining 6 m2 like orientation to South?

Thank you.

Pavel Adam
Brno University of Technology