[TRNSYS-users] Heating pipes model

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon May 18 10:53:18 PDT 2009

<Thanks for your explanation. But my real concern is whether Type 31/709
is suitable as a model for heating pipes in a greenhouse, since I do not
have Type 604.>

Types 31/709 aren't horrible models to use, but they do not account for
the radiative lossses which can be important in a structure with a lot of
low-temperature srfaces like a greenhouse.  In an ideal situation I would
use 604.  If you don't want to upgrade to 60 then I might try and find an
algorithm that let's you estimate the radiative/convective split and use
this split inside of Type 56 for the gain from the pipes.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370