[TRNSYS-users] Cooling loads... Strange results

Thibaut VITTE thibaut.vitte at h3c-energies.fr
Fri May 15 10:01:15 PDT 2009

Dear Trnsys Users,

I'm working on a rather big building, and I have a strange behaviour,
that I don't understand.
The cooling loads computed by Trnsys follow a normal pattern, except
some days, for one or 2 points  that ar 3 to 4 times greater than the
baseline.
I've attached a picture to explain it better.

I've thought it was a bug in my inputs, so I tried to disable solar
radiations, temperature, internal gains, I double checked my schedules,
I... and I found nothing. Actually I found some minor errors, and they
had an effect on the pattern (for example the "pikes" appear later in
the year), but  the behaviour is still erratic.

So, is it possible that a convergence problem (even though I have a
10^-3 tolerance convergence) makes this erratic behaviour ? It is a big
building, with shading masks, internal windows, high coupling air flows
(exactly in the zones that show the unexplainable loads), and the
simulation takes a pretty long time.

I Hope someone has some answer, because I really don't see!..

Thanks in advance