[TRNSYS-users] Simulating a cooling coil with sensible load only

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Wed May 13 00:22:57 PDT 2009

Chun Kwong,

Have you considered using one of the TESS cooling coils? The Bypass
Fraction Method coils (TESS/HVAC/Cooling Coils, Type 508) have modes for
outlet humidity and temperature control. Also, the Performance Map cooling
coil (Type 697) allows you to specify both total and sensible cooling
capacity.

Best regards,
Knut Erik Enerstvedt

trnsys-users-request at cae.wisc.edu
05/12/2009 04:59 AM
Please respond to
trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu

trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
cc

Subject
TRNSYS-users Digest, Vol 53, Issue 14

----- Message from a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk on Tue, 12 May 2009 10:58:54
+0800 -----
To:
Trnsys discussion group <trnsys-users at engr.wisc.edu>
Subject:
[TRNSYS-users] Simulating a cooling coil with sensible load only
Hello, Trnsys users.

I am designing a hybrid solar-cooling system and I want to select a
cooling
coil
to handle the sensible load only (see attached file).  I use the Type52b
for
the cooling coil.  However, I find that I can't achieve a
sensible-cooling-only
condition, even though the outlet air temperature is substantially higher
than
the inlet air dewpoint.  The resulting coil capacity becomes much higher
than
what I expect.  Does the model for Type52b prohibit a
sensible-cooling-only
case?  If so, is there any other compoent types for the cooling coil which
can
fulfil my requirement?  Your reply is highly appreciated.  Thank you!

Best Regards
LEE, Chun Kwong
Divsion of Building Science and Technology
City University of Hong Kong