[TRNSYS-users] modeling a DX GSHP

Matt Fung MFung at ConSol.ws
Tue May 12 10:24:30 PDT 2009

Jeff,

Any suggestions on how to trick the system?

Matt Fung
Associate Engineer

7407 Tam O'Shanter Drive
Stockton, CA 95210-3370
Phone: 209.473.5000 / Fax: 209.474.0817
MFung at ConSol.ws
www.ConSol.ws

You can call me directly at 209.473.5002

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Thornton [mailto:thornton at tess-inc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:03 AM
To: Matt Fung; trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
Subject: Re: [TRNSYS-users] modeling a DX GSHP

<I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on what to use in SimStudio
model a DX GSHP with refrigerant as the heat transfer fluid.  I would
appreciate any help.  Thanks.>

Matt,

While there are a few ways to "trick" the system into modeling DX GSHP
systems, your best bet is to probably write a new model that accounts
for
the refrigerant change of phase and the ground heat transfer.  We've
been
thinking about writing one of these for a while but haven't had a
project
where we NEEDED to write one....

Jeff

Jeff Thornton