[TRNSYS-users] (no subject)

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri May 8 10:39:52 PDT 2009

<I am a new TRNSYS user simulating a solar cooling
plant with horizontal geothermal probes for my master thesis.
I changed the parameters since I am trying to
follow a real case but in my simulation I found something strange.
The temperature at the outlet of the geothermal
probes sometin´mes are much more lower than the ground temperature.
Is it relyable? It's possible that is due to low Reynolds Number?>

If you're only rejecting heat to the ground then it's very unlikely that
the outlet temperature is below the local ground temperature.  Reynolds
number will only affect the heat transfer rate and will not cause
temperature inversion effects.  Which model are you using to represent the
horizontal ground HX?

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC