[TRNSYS-users] Updating TRNSYS types which use COMMON BLOCKS to version 16

Jochen Doell jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Tue Mar 24 08:43:07 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have a problem updating an old type to TRNSYS 16.
After performing all changes necessary for the legacy mode the compiler
states the following error for 10 different variables:

"Error: A COMMON block data object must not be an automatic object.
[name of the variable]"

The user guide gives an example for the replacement of the common block,
but how can I find out what is the correct replacement for all other
variables?

Below is an example for one of the common blocks that cause the error:
    INTEGER CALLED
      COMMON /ERRS/ ITMAX,IQTMAX,ITRACE,IERR,IEMAX,ICT,NCALLS,CALLED(NUNITL)

Best regards,
Jochen

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jochen Döll
Dept. Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

Phone:	+49 (761) 4588-5527
Fax:	+49 (761) 4588-9000
Mail:	jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Web:	www.ise.fraunhofer.de