[TRNSYS-users] ground coupling model type703 from TESS

Tomas Persson tpe at du.se
Wed Mar 11 02:02:07 PDT 2009

Hello

I use the ground coupling model Type703 from TESS together with type 56 with floor heating. I hope that is suitable.

I have used it in mode 2. How to choose between mode 1 and 2?

In the manual it is written: "It is important to note that the surface temperature (Tsurface in Figure 4) is the same in all these calculations" What does that mean? The surface temp is an input and will vary due to room temp and floor heating supply temp (I have used slab node temp in my case with floor heating).

Using the option of putting insulation on the ground around the house (top insulation) by defining parameter 18 and 19. How can I calculate the insulation width in meters from the number of nodes as the nodes does not seem to be evenly distributed along the near field in the figure.

Is there a good way to define the ground surface temperature and amplitude having the climatic data from METEONORM? I know that undisturbed ground temperature = annual average outdoor temp is a good assumption in locations with little snow. In locations with lots of snow the ground temperature is higher.

Best regards,

Tomas Persson
Tomas Persson, PhD
Solar Energy Research Center SERC
School of Technology and Business Studies
Högskolan Dalarna
78188 Borlänge, Sweden

Tel: +46 (0)23 778717
Fax: +46 (0)23 778701