[TRNSYS-users] Calling MESSAGES function in C++

Eric Wilson eric.jh.wilson at colorado.edu
Fri Mar 6 10:41:12 PST 2009

Hello all,
I am trying to generate list file warning messages in my C++-compiled Type.
According to the comments in the exported type C++ template, you use the
"MESSAGES" function, which is not recognized by C++ (and I don't see it in
Trnsys.h):

//    REPORT ANY PROBLEMS THAT HAVE BEEN FOUND USING CALLS LIKE THIS:
> MESSAGES(-1,'put your message here','MESSAGE',IUNIT,ITYPE)

In the Ch 08 Programmer's Guide, the syntax is:

> call Messages(errorCode,message,severity,unitNo,typeNo)

...but that is for Fortran.  Does anyone know how to do it in C++?

Thanks,

Eric