[TRNSYS-users] Water-Water heat pump (Type 668)

Papafragkou A. ap1004 at soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 24 04:23:15 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am using a water-water heat pump (Type 668) to simulate a domestic application.
I have various space heating demand profiles for the dwelling, therefore I use an equation with the formula Q=m*Cp*ΔT
to calculate the returning temperature of the fluid in the load loop for each time step. When I connect this returning temperature to the input
load temperature of the heat pump then both inlet and outlet load temperatures don't make any sense and they vary from -10000 to 10000 degrees C !
When I have the input load temperature of the heat pump constant, then the simulation works fine. If I use a data reader and the simulation reads
the same returning temperatures from an external file then the simulation again works fine. I also tried Type 93 (Input value recall) but it didn't work.
Any ideas what the problem may be? For the load loop the only components I use are the heat pump, one equation and a single speed pump.
I have attached all the relevant files. The heat pump is set to operate in heating mode only, therefore I haven't included the file with the cooling data.

Thank you in advance,

Anastasios

Anastasios Papafragkou
University of Southampton
School of Civil Engineering and Environment
Sustainable Energy Research Group (PhD Student)
Highfield Campus, Southampton
SO17 1BJ
Tel:(+44)02380594656