[TRNSYS-users] Type 557: Different borehole configurations

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Fri Jun 12 04:43:25 PDT 2009

Dear TRNSYS users,

As I  understand, the Type 557 vertical ground heat exchanger models a
cylindrical storage volume, where the boreholes are placed uniformly
within this cylinder. But in many cases, one has a different borehole
configuration, for example boreholes placed on a line or an L-shaped
configuration. Does anyone know of a way to simulate such borehole
configurations in TRNSYS? I am particularly interested in boreholes placed
on a line.

Thanks and best regards,

Knut Erik Enerstvedt