[TRNSYS-users] Type 665

Francois Badinier francois.badinier at icax.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 10:10:03 PDT 2009

Hi Arnaud

1. Yes, you have to connect your heat pump to the ventilation of type 56
(airchange + temperature + RH)

2. It is a good way to control your heat pump with Type2, however, I'm not
quite sure if the way you entered the inputs is good. I'd recommend you
connect the room temperature to your upper input temperature, enter 14 C in
the lower input temperature, then enter the dead band you wish in upper dead
band temp (e.g. 8 if you want the HP to stop working when the room temp is
22C) and put the lower dead band temp to 0. (also, make sure you also
connect the output of type 2 to the "input control function" to make sure
the hysteresis works well). Then, you have to take the opposite of the
output signal to make it work properly, so just open a new equation and use
the function NOT: Heating_signal=NOT(old_heating_signal). Finally, connect
this new signal to the control signal of your HP.

3. When you get a lot of oscillations like that, it means that your HP is a
bit oversized or that your deadband is too small, try to play with both if
you want to get rid of some oscillations.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

François Badinier

Development Engineer