[TRNSYS-users] TESS library: Help on the inputs/outputs/paramaters?and type 665

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Sun Jul 26 14:02:39 PDT 2009

<I would like to know if it exist an equivalent of the usual TRNSYS pdf file:
"04-InputOutputParameter.pdf" for the TESS components?>

.\Tess Models\Documentation\PIO Reference
Manual\ParameterInputOutputReference.pdf

<I am "installing" an air/air heat pump in the building I am modelling.
However, I am struggling for some of the inputs:>

<- Not used (w)>

This does not need to be connected as the model is using T and RH to set
the air state.

<- Return air flow rate>

The air source heat pump model sets the flow rate so you don't have to
connect this one up - but it's nice to connect it to make sure you have
the air flows set correctly.

<- Inlet pressure>

I usually hook this up to the ambient pressure.  If you're using Type 56
then I leave the input unconnected (with a default value of 1 atm) as Type
56 assumes a constant air pressure.

<- Fan pressure rise>

If you're modeling a detailed air system then this pressure rise is the
pressure drop across the dicts, bends, diffusers etc.  If you're just
worried abou the thermal side then set this value to 0.

<- Outside air damper position>

This sets how much outside air is blended with return air.  0 = no outside
air, 1= all outside air

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC