[TRNSYS-users] Definition of variables for GenOpt

Wehmhörner, Urs uwehm at tum.de
Mon Jul 20 23:59:19 PDT 2009

Dear Trnsys users,

I am using Trnsys 16, TrnOpt 16 and GenOpt 2 to optimize heating systems. At this I found the very helpful paper "Using genOpt with TRNSYS 16 and Type 56" of Michael Kummert.
Chapter 3 (The example) describes how to define the variables in an equation block (page 4) and mentioned that it is not strictly necessary (to use equation blocks) but it makes your life easier when creating the GenOpt templates.

This is my question: is there any description to define variables without using the equation block?

Thanks for all and
Best regards,
Urs Wehmhörner

Dipl.-Ing. Urs Wehmhörner
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Lehrstuhl für Energiewirtschaft und Anwendungstechnik
Technische Universität München
Arcisstraße 21
80333 München

Tel.: 089/289-28311