[TRNSYS-users] type 9

Adrien JEZEQUEL - ITF a.jezequel at itf.biz
Fri Jul 10 04:40:25 PDT 2009

Dear Ana,

It could be really simple to write a text file interpreted by Type9.

Here below an example how to write a 12 column text file (defined for 3
time step)

1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00
1.00    1.00    1.00
1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00
1.00    1.00    1.00
1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00    1.00
1.00    1.00    1.00

Lines are read at each time step (so 12 values read at each time step)

Then, you will have to put good values in "Parameter" frame :

_Header lines to skip _: Enter the number of lines which won't be read
in your simulation (text for example)
_No of values to read _: Enter the number of value read step by step (12
in my example)
_Time interval of data _: Enter the time step profil - it may be less
than your time step calculation - for example 1.0 hr if you define a one
hour profile

Then define appropriate factors to each calculation mode available for
each value read (interpolation, addition, multiplication...)

And select the appropriate path in External Files" frame.

In case of simple profil (just with few value) you can also use forcing
functions (Utility Library - Forcing Functions)

Best regards
www.itf.biz <http://www.itf.biz>
www.itf.biz <http://www.itf.biz>

	Adrien JEZEQUEL
Simulations Thermiques Dynamiques
*ITF*
	87, Avenue de Chambéry
73230 St Alban Leysse
FRANCE
Phone :
Fax :
Mail:
	+33(0) 479 750 029
+33(0) 479 852 122
a.jezequel at itf.biz

/Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer
cet e-mail que si nécessaire
Please, consider our environmental responsability before printing this email
/