[TRNSYS-users] rankine solar plant STEC

Dani Pons dani_pons_s at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 15 13:18:13 PST 2009

Hello TRNSYS users!

Can anybody help me?!
For part of my master's thesis (TU Vienna) I must design the following system:
rankine vapor cycle that uses solar troughs as a source of energy.

I am using from the STEC LIBRARY:
"TROUGHOLD" as a solar trough
"STOCO" and "CONCRETE_STORAGE" for thermal energy storage.

My idea is that the heat is stored in the concrete storage so that during the night the turbine form the rankine cycle can still work (when there is no sun).
I have tried to combine the rankine power plant example from STEC with the concrete storage one also included but i can't get 24 hour use of turbine. I am connecting the STOCO regulator to the superheater of the rankine cycle but somehow it doesnt seem to work.
Any suggestions on how to achieve a 24hour running rankine cycle with solar energy? (I have attached my file just in case anybody wants to checl it out).

Best regards,

Dani Pons Strigari
TU Wien - Institut für Thermodynamik und Energiewandlung