[TRNSYS-users] Chilled ceiling

#TEO NGUAN TECK# Z050128 at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Jan 1 23:34:26 PST 2009

Hi ALL,

I have included chilled ceiling into my model and have encountered an
error during simulation.

The error message is : Error in automatic heat transfer calculation  for
surface   5 or its adjacent surface!: Automatic heat transfer
calculation is only allowed on surfaces within a zone.  Please check
building input file (.bui)!

Any advice on how to rectify the error? Attached are my files.

Note: The data used for the chilled ceiling is intended for trial
purpose, final values have not been confirmed.

More queries on chilled ceiling:

1)      Are there tutorials available on simulation using active layers
and chilled ceiling?

2)      For simulation using chilled ceiling & active layer, do they
handle only the sensible cooling part in TRNSYS? From my understanding,
chilled ceilings only handle sensible cooling and external equipment
must be used to dehumidify outdoor air.

3)      Should I model a Dedicated Outdoor Air System (DOAS) to handle
the latent cooling or it is not required? [in response to point no. (2)]

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Nguan Teck

Undergrad

NTU, Singapore