[TRNSYS-users] Type 557: Initial surface temperature

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Fri Feb 27 06:44:10 PST 2009

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a question about the Type 557 Vertical U-Tube Ground Heat
Exchanger, the parameter called "Initial surface temperature": I believe
that the ground surface temperature is usually close to the average air
temperature for a particular time of year. If I start my simulation in
January, should I set the "initial surface temperature" parameter to the
average air temperature (with a minor adjustment for ground vs. air) in
January for my location?

Best regards,
Knut Erik