[TRNSYS-users] I: type 73 and 2b

Carolina Belli carolinabelli.cb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:06:20 PST 2009

Hi,I’m a new user of TRNSYS, for my thesis

I have to simulate a solar desalination plant. For the solar collector I use
type 73 (flate plate), but I have a problem with the value of the T out: it
reach above 100°C.

The solar circuit is: flat plate collector (type 73) – storage tank (type
4e) – single variable pump. There is also a controller (type 2b) to control
the on/off of the pump. I connect the Th of type 2b with Tout of the
collector, and Tl of type 2b with the Tout of the storage tank. The problem
is when the pump have to start or to stop: the flow rate rapidly increase/
decrease from 0 to the set value (and vice versa).

I try to decrease the flow through the collector but I can’t manage to solve
the problem of the Tout of the panel.

With many thanks,

Carolina