[TRNSYS-users] Calling TRNSYS input file from MATLAB

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Fri Feb 6 00:39:39 PST 2009

Ali,

For all I know, it is not possible to call a TRNSYS deck from MATLAB directly. There are 2 options:
1- Write a MATLAB function to run trnsys.exe using the deck as an argument and read in the results (of an entire simulation)
2- call a specific TYPE (from a TRNSYS DLL) as a MATLAB embedded function (this will be automatically supported in TRNSYS 17). The results (of one iteration) are returned as a result of the embedded function

If you are interested in (2) and want to beta test our solution, please contact me.

Werner