[TRNSYS-users] Relative humidity to humidity ratio

Ratnalee Patil ratnalee at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 07:19:03 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

I need to use the weather generator (Type 54) to obtain hourly values from monthly data of dry bulb temperature, wind speed, radiation and humidity. I have monthly values of percent relative humidity while Type 54 needs humidity ratio (kg water/kg air).  Is there any way around this?
In psychometrics, there is a Type 33e which gives humidity ratio values provided dry bulb temperature and relative humidity. But it needs hourly values of both of these parameters. And I only have monthly values of relative humidity.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ratnalee Patil
Graduate Student