[TRNSYS-users] Units of Solar radiation

Artemi Spanaki spanakiart at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:08:52 PST 2009

Dear David and TRNSYS users
Thanks again for your helpful advice.

I think I found the reason that gives me strange results. I created a *.tm2 file of meteorological data using Meteonorm software. The created file gives the radiation in W/m^2. The component that reads this file (type109-TMY2), has by default the unit of solar radiation in kj/hrm^2. Have you got any idea about how can I change this, without changing the whole proforma (this is because the proforma has already a lot of changes that I don’t want to be change in this project).

Is there any way to view this *.tm2 file? (maybe another software?). I connect it with type65a, in order to view some data, but it seems to be quite different in comparison to the preview results of Meteonorm. I think that this is the reason that gives me “weird” results in my simulation.

Thank you for your helpful advices.

Best regards,

Artemi Spanaki