[TRNSYS-users] Units of Solar radiation

Cramer Silkworth silkworth at transsolar.com
Wed Feb 4 09:02:33 PST 2009

Artemi,

TMY2 files are just plain text files, you can open them in Notepad.
However, due to the format, they're difficult to read like that. Excel
can open them and be set up to split the data fields properly, or you
can just use a template like this one:
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/weather/tmy2.xls

Type 109 knows that the input from a TMY2 file is in W/m2, and converts
its output for kJ/hm2, you shouldn't have to change anything for it to
work properly. What exactly is the problem you're getting?

-Cramer

J. Cramer Silkworth

Transsolar Climate Engineering

Technical consulting for energy efficiency and environmental quality in
buildings.

145 Hudson Street

Suite 402

New York, NY 10013