[TRNSYS-users] Type56 Latent Load, NType10

Kent Beason kbeason at schlitterbahn.com
Wed Dec 23 08:52:20 PST 2009

In my Heating Type Manager under Humidification, I've set the desired
rel. humidity (RH) to an Input that lets the RH float up to 100% during
off-hours (for the moment, ignoring the prospects of condensation on
building surfaces) and only be brought down to 60% during
business-hours.  I have the Ntype10 plotted and I'm a bit confused why
I'm getting a dehumidication load when I've allowed the RH to float up
to 100%.  By my Input definition for the Humidification, I have
"-40*[Vent] +100" %.  When the [Vent] is off (control signal is 0), RH
reverts to 100%.  Doesn't this effectively turn off the Humidification
when the vent is off, resulting in a zero latent load?  In the
documentation, a load of positive value is dehumidification and negative
value is humidification.  I interpret this to mean the dehumidification
energy required to maintain the RH setpoint under Humidification in the
Heat Type Manager.

Can someone please clarify how the Humidification and Ntype10 relate to
one another, if at all?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Kent Beason