[TRNSYS-users] Timer of Delay Function

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Dec 22 09:00:32 PST 2009

<What is the easiest way to do this?  Is the grammar for the equation
assembly strong enough to do this?  I would like to count down from 20
minutes to zero minutes using control signal change (0 to 1) as a
trigger.>

While it's technically possible to use a combination of input delays and
equations to achieve your goal it's not really all that easy.  We wrote a
model, for the next release of the TESS Libraries, that calculate the
current "On" time and the current "Off" time.  You could easily use that
model to do what you want.  I do believe it's available as a stand-alone
component right now.  Check the TRNSYS.com website for details if you're
interested or drop us an e-mail.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC