[TRNSYS-users] How to link trndll.dll to the trnsys input file in Trnsys 16

User & m973020085 at student.nsysu.edu.tw
Thu Dec 17 07:23:28 PST 2009

Dear all:

    I met a problem about creating the new component Trndll.dll in Trnsys 16.

It is a almost perfect program,but I couldn't let my new component work .

After simulation ,it failed and

Then in "open" /list file tab, and it appear two fatal errors as following
described:

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     :     2
    Generated by Type     :   200
    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but
was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll.
                            A dummy subroutine was called in its place.
Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file
    Reported information  : Not available

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     :     2
    Generated by Type     :   200
    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but
was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll.
                            A dummy subroutine was called in its place.
Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file
    Reported information  : Not available

and those error message repeat twice

I used CVF66 to delete bugs and errors,and component seemed be O.K. Then I
thought maybe I lost some steps in teaching manual so that TRNSYS input file

was not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll.

I referred to the volume1 manual to operate to generate a skeleton for my
Type using the "Export as Fortran" command

then I typed everything I needed, and compiled type "n" .for first. then
Trnsys 16 generate the type"n".dll and type"n".obj

and showed up the executable for debug session,I have no idea which file
could I choice ?

second,I press the F7 to build DLL, and the type"n".dll will gernerate .

third, I also referred the volume 8 to change the TRNDII settings as
provided in table 8.4.9.3-1,8.4.9.3-2,8.4.9.3-3

after doing those steps,I try to simulate again,and I got the same
result ;It failed.

I really didn't how to let the input file linked into the trndll.dll

So May you help me find that if I ignored important step which can let new
component work?

Or could somebody tell more details about the process to link the Trndll.dll
with the Trnsys input file?

       Thanks in advances and best regards

           Andrew Shen  2009.12.17  in Taiwan