[TRNSYS-users] Solar Air Conditioning

#GOH KIM LAI DENNIS# Z060113 at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Dec 18 00:40:11 PST 2009

Dear TRNSYS users,

I'm trying to model a solar cooling absorption system and monitor the average temperature of a room with the system, but I encountered many problems with the attached project file.

1. When I use the weather file for Singapore, the storage tank output temperature is very low. However, when I use a weather file from a cooler country, the results are higher.
   Is the weather file representative of Singapore's weather?
   Why does the storage temperature change so much based on the weather file?

2. The collector area is limited to 2m^2, why is the system not able to handle a collector area larger than 2m^2? I get a floating point operation error if its above 2m^2.

3. When using the datafile provided for Type 107. Do I need to include a cooling tower to type 107? Or does the datafile already simulate that?

4. Is type 12c suitable as a load to cool?

How do I fix these problems? Is my model correct?

Your assistance is very much appreciated!

Thank you

Dennis Goh
Nanyang Technological University