[TRNSYS-users] Type8a: Setback temperature issue

Kent Beason kbeason at schlitterbahn.com
Mon Dec 7 13:42:26 PST 2009

Paul,

A brief summary of Type671 is found here:

http://www.transsolar.com/__software/download/en/tesslibary_shortinfo_en.pdf

A further note on my use of Type671: I used it in conjunction with both the TESS Type14 Nightsetback and an equation that I defined in order to change the Type671's setpoint (Input #2) with respect to daily time (and seasons).

TESS Type514 also can be used in lieu of the equation I've described above for a changing daily setpoint.

The documentation of the user-purchased TESS libraries is installed in the TRNSYS program files directory:

Tess Models\Documentation\Controller Library

However, I suspect now that you don't have TESS libraries, so after looking around a bit in the component tree for non-TESS components, Type14e under Utility/Forcing Functions/Temperature is an option for you to use in conjunction with Type108 under Controllers\5-stage Room Thermostat.  Connect output 2 of Type14e into the "1st stage heating setpoint" (input 2) of Type108.

Kent Beason
Schlitterbahn Development Group
830-609-8904 m