[TRNSYS-users] natural ventilation with solar chimney

Leticia Neves leticiadeoneves at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 05:03:10 PST 2009

Hi,

My PhD research consists in the study of a tilted solar chimney for natural ventilation by stack effect in tropical climate (Brazil). I downloaded the demo version of TRNSYS to make some tests and maybe buy a license.
My doubts are: do I have to use the TRNFlow to model natural ventilation? Because the demo version doesn't have it, and if the answer is yes I will not be able to do some tests.
Can I obtain good results for a solar chimney? (My model consists in two parts: a solar collector and a metal chimney of extension, just to guarantee the conservation of high when the solar collector is tilted).

Thanks.
Leticia Neves