[TRNSYS-users] Biomass Stove

Chris Bales cba at du.se
Thu Aug 13 23:16:26 PDT 2009

Dear Arnaud,

there is also a TRNSYS component for small biomass stoves and boilers that
has been developed at our centre. You can read about it in the following
paper.

Persson, T., F. Fiedler, S. Nordlander, C. Bales, et al. (2009) Validation
of a dynamic model for wood pellet boilers and stoves. Applied Energy 86(5),
pp. 645-656.

This model takes into account the heat transfer to the room, losses to
exhaust gas and thermal mass of the stove/boiler. However, it requires
measured data to get good parameter values, although values for a number of
stoves and boilers (Swedish) are published.

Best wishes

CHris Bales

Chris Bales, PhD
Senior Lecturer and Researcher in Energy and Environmental Engineering
Solar Energy Research Center SERC
School of Industrial Technology and Business Studies
Högskolan Dalarna
SE-78188 Borlänge

Tel: +46 (0)23 778707
Fax: +46 (0)23 778701