[TRNSYS-users] Equation error: missing letters.

Eric Wilson eric.jh.wilson at colorado.edu
Mon Aug 10 09:36:57 PDT 2009

Hello all, I am getting the following error with my equation:

     time_on_max =
or(eql([29,4],1),eql([29,4],[51,1]))*time_on_max_old+and(eql([51,1],1),eql([29,4],0))*time_on

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message     20 : The referenced variable used in this
equation has not been defined in the TRNSYS input file. The equation
begins with the string in "reported information"
    Reported information  : TIME_ON_MAX =  o(  q

Strangely, it appears that letters have been removed from my equation
and this is causing the error.  Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Eric