[TRNSYS-users] Debugging user-dll with GDB

Diego Arias daarias at uwalumni.com
Thu Aug 6 20:51:40 PDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the use of open source compilers and debuggers
with TRNSYS.
I have successfully followed the instructions for compiling a user-dll with
G95 (http://software.cstb.fr/articles/G95-TRNSYS.zip). Now, I want to use
the open source debugger gdb to debug line by line this type.  With gdb, I
am able to load the user-dll, and run TRNEXE. However, when I try to set a
breakpoint in the user-dll, I get an error that says that the break point
cannot be set.
Has someone been able to use gdb with TRNSYS?
Cheers,

Diego