[TRNSYS-users] Error compiling Trnsys: " failed to build ... \TRNDll\Debug\TrnsysConstants.mod' "

Clara Verhelst clara.verhelst at mech.kuleuven.be
Sat Aug 1 07:35:08 PDT 2009

Dear,

I succeeded to build TRNDII files, compile Trnsys-types, run in debug mode... with Compaq Visual Fortran Cvf66 on my desktop. On my laptop, however, I get the following errors when I want to compile or build the files:

  --------------------Configuration: TRNDll - Win32 Debug--------------------
  Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build 'C:\Program Files\Trnsys16_1\Compilers\Cvf66\TRNDll\Debug\TrnsysConstants.mod'
  Compiling Fortran...
  C:\Program Files\Trnsys16_1\SourceCode\Types\Type109TimeReport.f90
  f90: Error: Unrecognized keyword "arg_temp_created" for option "-check"
  C:\Program Files\Trnsys16_1\SourceCode\Kernel\TrnsysConstants.f90
  f90: Error: Unrecognized keyword "arg_temp_created" for option "-check"
  C:\Program Files\Trnsys16_1\SourceCode\Kernel\TrnsysData.for
  f90: Error: Unrecognized keyword "arg_temp_created" for option "-check"
  C:\Program Files\Trnsys16_1\SourceCode\Kernel\TrnsysFunctions.f90
  f90: Error: Unrecognized keyword "arg_temp_created" for option "-check"
  C:\Program Files\Trnsys16_1\SourceCode\Types\Type62.f90
  f90: Error: Unrecognized keyword "arg_temp_created" for option "-check"
  (this continues for all Types)
  Error executing df.exe
This error looks quite similar to the one described by David Chèze in the Trnsys mailinglist, Subject "Compaq visual fortran 6.1A", but contrary to David, I have the same Compaq visual fortran and Trnsys version on both PC's, so this could not be the problem.

I checked all the project settings in Cvf66 & I copied the enitre Trnsys-file (including all subfiles (Compilers, Exe, Source Files ...)) from my desktop (where everything works fine) to my laptop. Without result.

Does anybody know how I could fix this?

Thank you very much!

Clara Verhelst

Clara Verhelst
K.U.Leuven
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Division Applied Mechanics and Energy Conversion
Celestijnenlaan 300A - postbus 2421
B-3001 Leuven (Heverlee), Belgium

Tel: +32-(0)16-32 25 04
Fax: +32-(0)16-32 29 85