[TRNSYS-users] type 703d: Slab on grade

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Apr 30 11:10:07 PDT 2009

<For example, I want to modelize the insulation of the slab perimeter with
1 meter insulant in depth direction. Has someone already tried to modelize
a perimeter insulation of the slab with Type 703d  ?>

For this reason, and others, the slab on grade and basement models have
been completely rewritten for TRNSYS 17.  The new models feature true
multi-zone capability and have a lot of new features that make studying
the building to ground heat transfer much easier (and more powerful);
including a new tsoil temperature visualization tool.  We've made the new
models available to our users if you're interested in purchasing them - or
you can wait for TRNSYS and upgrade your TESS libraries then.

Otherwise, if you send me the parameters of your Type 703 model then I can
tell you what the nodal sizes are in the Z-direction.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

22 North Carroll Street - Suite 370