[TRNSYS-users] Questions on the Vertical U-Tube Ground Heat Exchanger

Lei Wang leiwang at tees.tamus.edu
Fri Apr 17 11:46:46 PDT 2009

Hi, all

I have questions on the vertical U-tube ground heat exchanger.

In the parameter table, Parameters of 5(Borehole radius), 12(Outer radius of u-tube pipe), 13 (inner radius of u-tube pipe). I think these parameters should be the radius of the Borehole and tube pipe. But in the Plugin program DSTWizard  the diagram show these value are the diameter. Anyone call tell me these values are radius or diameter.

Another question is if this model can simulate the two U-tubes in same borehole. If it can, how to input the parameters for the parameter 17 (Reference borehole flow). This flow is the total flow of the two U-tubes in same borehole or just is the flow of one U-tube

Thanks

Lei Wang