[TRNSYS-users] Type 687 Calculation of QSbeam

Robinson, Leanne Leanne.Robinson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Apr 14 13:01:54 PDT 2009

Hello,
I am calculating illuminance through a window and would like to use the
luminous efficacy model included in type687 NFRC window.
I was looking at the proforma and noticed that the calculation of Qsbeam
does not match the equation given in the documentation for type687
In the proforma: QSBeam= Area*NUNITS*SHGC*IBEAM*COS(THETA*RDCONV)**0.2
In the documentation for the type the equation uses sqrt (cos theta).

I'm just making sure that this is only a discrepancy in the proforma and
that the dll uses the correct term.

Thank you,
Leanne Robinson