[TRNSYS-users] Add trnlib library component "type 608" to Trnsys15

ankur khandelwal mnitankur at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 06:18:00 PDT 2009

Dear trnsys users,

I am using trnsys 15. I want to add a component from user developed
component library trnlib. Type 608- evaporative cooler code (.for) is
available from tnsys website. I have followed the procedure written in the
manual under "*Using Common Fortran Compilers with TRNSYS- From the Command
Line*". But it is giving linking error. Trnsys error 105."TRNSYS Message
105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked
into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll.  A dummy subroutine was
called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file
Reported information  : Not available"

Procedure I followed:
-First I generate .obj file from digital visual fortran compiler 6.0
-I edit the link.dvf file and add the statement to include type608.obj
-I rebuild trnsys to generate all .obj files.
-I linked file from dos prompt by "link @link.dvf"
-Then i create a component with input, output and parameter required fro the
type 608.
-I saved the component in HVAC folder under IISibat/data/HVAC folders.
-Now I was able to see my component in IISiBat, i add in my project from
direct access menu.
-As i run the project it showed the error:105

Weather any body have Idea how to add a trnlib component in trnsys15?
weather i have followed the right procedure? Weather the procedure define in
"*Using Common Fortran Compilers with TRNSYS- From the Command Line*" can be
followed to add trnlib component.

With regards,
Ankur Khandelwal,
M.Tech. (Thermal Engineering)