[TRNSYS-users] geothermal pump strange behavior when connected to a simple heat exchanger

Ordoumpozanis Konstantinos ordoumpoz at uowm.gr
Fri Sep 19 13:05:20 PDT 2008

Hi

I have modeled a simple geothermal heat pump according to the example of
Geothermal Application of Tess Library. The only changes that I have  made
is that I have a water to water geothermal heat pump (type 668). The system
seems to work correctly. The load loop seam to augment 4 C and the ground
loop reduce 18 C when the system is On in heating mode.

I tried to connect this system to building56 as a ventilation system so I
apply in between a heat exchanger of  any type ( type 91, 5g, 5e, 5a, 5e),
so the system gets 75% of fresh air and 25% of recycled air heated in the
water to air heat exchanger and go ventilation system of building.  The
results that I get is absolutely wrong. After the connection of the
geothermal heat pump with the building the ground loop of the G.H.P. reached
the 100-300 C.  and the air to the building seem to be cooled.

I checked the ghp system alone and seem to work

I checked the heat exchanger alone and seem to work

I checked the building alone and seem to work

But the connection is absolutely wrong

Could someone suggest me anything that might be wrong. ?

Thank you