[TRNSYS-users] Mask Type 67

B.Cogné - dH Technologies benoit.cogne at dh-technologies.fr
Tue Sep 30 06:10:16 PDT 2008

Dear Trnsys users (or most probably developpers)

Using weather data reader 109 for Tmy2 file, I am getting confused in the way to connect it to the Mask Type 67 and the Building Type 56.

For a given orientation in Type 56, I need:
- The total radiation
- The beam radiation
(and other data which are not of concern)

If this orientation is shaded, I have to get these data from the type 67
I find, in the output list of type 67:
- The shaded total radiation
- The shaded beam radiation

Connecting the type 109 to type 67, I find:
Outputs from 109:
- total radiation
- beam radiation
- sky diffuse radiation
- ground reflected diffuse radiation

Inputs to 67
- beam radiation
- diffuse radiation

Should I:
First solution: add the sky and diffuse radiation from 109 and connect it to the diffuse radiation input of type 67, then connect the shaded total radiation from 67 to the total radiation input of type 56 ?
Second solution: connect the sky diffuse radiation from 109 to the diffuse radiation input of 67 and add the ground diffuse radiation from 109 and the shaded total radiation from 67 and connect the result to the total radiation input of type 56 ?

Simply speaking: the beam radiation is not a problem. What is unclear is if type 67 is dealing with the sky+ground diffuse radiation or only with the sky diffuse radiation.

Thank you for your help

Benoît Cogné