[TRNSYS-users] humidification and dehumidification setpoints

Marijke Steeman marijke.steeman at ugent.be
Wed Sep 24 07:04:12 PDT 2008

Dear Trnsys-users,

I am trying to model a multizone building with a humidification and dehumidification system which
has setpoints respectively at 40% and 60% relative humidity.
This is done by adding humidification and dehumidification to the heating and cooling type respectively
in the building model. However, I have the problem that e.g. if the cooling is off, the dehumidification
is also not working, and thus the relative humidity exceeds 60%.

My question is thus, Is it possible to add dehumidification without cooling or humidification without
heating in the building model, or are both always coupled? Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards,

ir-arch Marijke Steeman

Universiteit Gent
Vakgroep Architectuur en Stedebouw
Onderzoeksgroep Bouwfysica en Installaties
Jozef Plateaustraat 22
B- 9000 Gent
tel 09 264 37 52 / fax 09 264 41 85
marijke.steeman at ugent.be