[TRNSYS-users] changing value only under certain conditions

Liam O'Brien obrien_liam at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 18:59:05 PDT 2008

Cramer,

Try inserting an equation.  Create an output variable called "signal" or something.  This variable will take on the value 1 for when the window is allowed to be opened; 0 for when it is not.  Then, make signal equal to "and(ge(mod(time,24),8),le(mod(time,24),21))".  Basically, this is saying: if the time is greater than or equal to 8 AND less than or equal to 21, then output the value 1, otherwise it takes on zero.  If the type you're using uses an input that is a control signal, then this equation can be directly linked to it.  I confirmed that the equation works by connecting the equation to an online plotter.  Hope that helps.

Liam O'Brien