[TRNSYS-users] Problems with version 15 Types in legacy mode

Jochen Doell jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 4 04:21:44 PDT 2008

Hello TRNSYS users,

I have problems using a TRNSYS 15 type in the legacy mode in TRNSYS
16.1. I added the two modifications as given in the manual and
recompiled the TRNDLL.dll. When I start my deck with only the type in
it, the type is found in the TRNDLL (lst file: "Message: The following
Types were loaded from TRNDll.dll: Typexxx"), but it still doesn't
calculate. The list file says:

*** Fatal Error at time   :         1.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file
but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an
external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link
the TYPE or remove it from the input file
    Reported information  : Reported by LINKCK

Since there is only one type in the deck it must be the one giving me
trouble. But since it was loaded I have no idea what to do...

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Jochen

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jochen Döll
Dept. Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

Phone:	+49 (761) 4588-5527
Fax:	+49 (761) 4588-9000
Mail:	jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Web:	www.ise.fraunhofer.de