[TRNSYS-users] ASHRAE standard 140-2007 test(small attach)

NALIN SWAROOP nalin_swaroop at iitb.ac.in
Thu Sep 4 02:35:16 PDT 2008

Hello all

I am trying to verify trnsys using the cases given in the ashrae standard
but i am not being able to get the results, my peak values of cooling and
heating loads are matching but total annual load values are way off(my
cooling load is coming less than heating load)whereas it should be higher
i have modeled the file accordingly as given in the ashrae test, modeled
the window in windows 5 and taken all the same values but still the values
are not matching.
i think the error is coming beacause in the ashrae instructions it says
that the thermostat is non proportional with dual setback,i dont know
where is this option in trnsys,all i have done is define heating and
cooling in trnbuild and  just give the power for both to be unlimited and
set temp off 20 and 27 deg.

Also i have attached one result(case 600) which compares 6 days i am not
able to understand why in the 1st two days the cooling load is so less and
suddenly it rises although all other conditions are similar i think
beacuse of this problem my cooling loads are very less

also can i get trnsys files for all the cases
please reply soon

TIA
sincerly

Nalin