[TRNSYS-users] Heat transfer between building and ground

B.Cogné - dH Technologies benoit.cogne at dh-technologies.fr
Fri Oct 3 09:13:51 PDT 2008

Dear Trnsys users,

I am looking for a methodoly and tools which can be considered as a good practice for application in building simulation to model the heat transfer between a building and the ground on which it is built.
I insist on the fact that I need it for a real building project and not a research project. This means that the "material" I am looking for should be quite simple to apply but also accurate enough to give results in which I can be confident. The authority of its source is therefore also important.

I have been already advised to use the European standard EN ISO 13370. This standard has the advantage to exist, however it is difficult to apply and I have great doubts on the quality of the results of my interpretation. More over I did not find yet some one ready to control my application (!)

This subject is of a very high importance as I found the results on the simulation I am doing (calculation of summer indoor conditions without air conditioning) are very sensitive to the numerous hypothesis.

Thank you in advance for your help

Benoît Cogné
France