[TRNSYS-users] Modelling a thermal screen/horizontal shade in a Type 56 greenhouse

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Wed Oct 29 04:33:07 PDT 2008

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am trying to model a greenhouse with a thermal screen using Type 56. The
greenhouse consists of two zones, one above and one below, with the screen
as a horizontal shade between the zones. My plan to model the screen is to
define an ADJACENT window between the upper and lower zone, choose a window
with no glazing (non-existant or open) and have an internal shading device
controlled by an input variable. I will also use CONTAM to calculate the
air exchange between the two zones.

Can anyone tell me if this approach seems reasonable or not?

I also need to know the amount of radiation being transmitted through all
windows of the lower zone (including the virtual screen window) to
determine the radiation level just above the plants. Does anyone know the
proper NType for this?

All help is higly appreciated.

Kind regards
Knut Erik Enerstvedt

NIVAs hovedkontor har flyttet til nye lokaler i CIENS - Forskningssenter
for miljø og samfunn; Gaustadalléen 21, 0349 Oslo. Meld deg på vårt
nyhetsbrev på www.niva.no