[TRNSYS-users] New user Trnsys

Edwin Gabriel Cruz Lazo edwingabriel19 at yahoo.es
Mon Oct 20 08:48:41 PDT 2008

Hello!

My name is Edwin Cruz, I am from Peru. I
study  Mechanical - Electrical Engineering at University de Piura
(UDEP). I almost finish my career I started to do my thesis,
for this I am working whit TRNSYS to model hybrid sistemens and one of theme is: "SOLAR - HYDROGEN SYSTEMS", which I found through internet:
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/downloads/trnsedapps/demos/pvhydro.htm
Before I started,  I had read the TRNSYS manual and  many things about the SOLAR - HYDROGEN SYSTEMS. Thus, the general engineering, but I don't know many detail about Trnsys, especially flow diagram (.dck, IIsiBat). I tried to make up but I met some problems these have got me stuck, so I can't carry out it.
You know this is  a  new
software for my country, I don't have  a much information about TRNSYS
and I'd like that you help me, please.
I say above: I
tried to make it but I am stuck. I have it  in TRNSED and I did in
the TRNSYS' desck. I have a schematic of the simulation but
it's no enough.

I took all the Trnsys compont to my deck:

1.- Type 180(photovoltaic generator), I chose the type 180 with MPPT ON.
2.- Type 173(fuel cell) .
3.-
Type 164b(storage tank), I have a prolem here I don't know how can I do
to conect that is What is fuell cell's output  to storage tank's
input.  Or maybe there is another component between these for example
one controler, this one can take over either the volum inside the tank
or the switch of the electrolyzer.
4.- How can I simulate the
burner and diode or which the numbers of the components, I don't get an
idea about this component. Or I have do make up these ones.
5.-Is
there some siwtch that takes over the working of the fuel cell cause
how I know when the fuel cell star to produce energy or  maybe it gets
data reader some information to indicate that has to turn on or off.
6.- To reproduce the wheather I used a Data reader Type 9, this is the rigth component?

I have many questions about this process, but please can you help me to built my own deck file.
I say thank for any help that you are able to give, but I want to get the topic deeper and know details
to reproduce your result in this paper and I will be able to apply for
my thesis

Thank you very much.
Kind regards

Edwin Cruz Lazo