[TRNSYS-users] Question about adding an passive roof cooling technique

Artemi Spanaki spanakiart at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 01:52:01 PDT 2008

Dear sir and dear TRNYS users,

I am trying to apply a new passive system on the roof of a building. I wrote the fortran code, that was applied as a new component. I’ d like to ask you a couple of things:

How will the building model (described by the TRNBuild software) will understand that the new component created by me has been applied on the roof of the building? The new component contains both the system and the concrete roof. Is the connection between temperatures enough? (the internal temperature of the building is inlet temperature of the new component etc). Is there any way of “geometrical” description through the TRNBuild, in order to let the simulating model know that the roof of the building is being described by the new component?
There is a problem with the units of some variables that are being connected. In spite that I change the units through the variables of each component, and I save the changes, I still get the same message about the different units when I am trying to make connections between them! Where am I wrong?
 Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely
 Artemi Spanaki