[TRNSYS-users] Type 155 Simulation Speed

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Mon Oct 6 02:00:14 PDT 2008

Hi James,

You could call that a communication bottle neck, but the slow speed mainly comes from the fact that MATLAB has to be called (and executed) during each iteration. This implies a huge overhead.

An alternative is to compile your MATLAB model into an S-function and create a DLL that can be used like any TRNSYS type (adding the TRNSYS API to the generated source). I wrote a MATLAB real time workshop template for the MSVC C++ compiler to automize this from within MATLAB. For this to work, you need MATLAB real time workshop (expensive) / SIMULINK (expensive) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 or 2005 (cheap/free).

Let me know if you want to try it out (it's a 'beta' ;-) ).

Werner