[TRNSYS-users] slabcooling (minimum desired inlet massflow rate)

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Thu Oct 2 10:07:59 PDT 2008

Dear Teodor Spita,

This minimum flow rate in an active layer is somewhat foreign and
confusing to me, but I noticed this in the text.

>From page 30 of the Volume 6 TRNBuild Manual...

"According to the equations given in the manual a specific minimum
massflow rate is necessary to assure that a linearization of the
exponential curve between inlet and outlet temperature is possible. In
most common cases the specific massflow rate has to be greater then 13
kg/hm² (the exact value is calculated for each active Layer)."

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Matt Duffy